Community

COM-SERV_PROG_PICKUP-HUB_VERT_0316

WATERLOO’S OWN PickupHub — Balancing Your Sports and Your Life for a Win/Win

The saying goes, “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” Well, the City of Waterloo and a local business have paired up forces and are working together on a…
Read More >>

RGB-1YOG 14

Minor Midget AAA coach goes to Lillehammer

While at the rink preparing for practice with the Kitchener Jr. Rangers Minor Midget AAA team, I received an unexpected call from Hockey Canada that offered me the opportunity of a lifetime. Would I be…
Read More >>

RGBP1180021(1)

The 9th Annual Kitchener Rangers Special Hockey Benefit Game

On February 8, the Kitchener Ice Pirates shared the ice with the OHL Kitchener Rangers in their annual Benefit game in support of the Ice Pirates and the Cambridge Ice Hounds special needs hockey teams….
Read More >>

kelty-1

Lady Ranger graduate named Atlantic University MVP

Former Kitchener Lady Ranger Kelty Apperson was named the MVP in Atlantic University Sport (AUS) women’s hockey for the 2015/16 season. Apperson, a forward with the St. Thomas Tommies, recorded the second most points in…
Read More >>

Lady Rangers Bantam BB wrap-up

The Lady Rangers BB team had a busy January leading up to the end of the regular season and sixth place finish with a 9-7-6 record. The girls started the month on a high note…
Read More >>

writeupPApic

Lady Rangers Peewee As are champions!

The Lady Rangers Peewee A team won the LLFHL Division Championship (2015/16). With an impressive 21 to one 1 (win/loss) regular season record, the Belles in Blue headed into the playoffs with home-ice advantage against…
Read More >>

Lady Rangers Midget A Report

The Midget A girls have proven to their coaches and fans that, when they bring out 100 percent teamwork and passion, no team is a match for them. In Guelph in December, the girls had…
Read More >>

DashandZip

From barely a shuffle to a full-fledged hockey player

It was just a little over a year ago when my then 6-year-old son, Dash, cautiously put one skate down, and then the other, on the freshly smoothed ice surface at the Alumni Arena in…
Read More >>

Silver in Sarnia

Electrically charged and chemically bonded Peewee BB

Gold in Peterborough From east to west, the search of precious medals by the Peewee BB Lady Rangers has been prosperous. They recently struck for gold in the electric city of Peterborough and silver in…
Read More >>