• NCAA U of Kentucky Freshman All American
• All SEC 1st Team & All Freshman Team
• 113 3-Pointers – U of Kentucky & SEC Record, 2nd All Time NCAA Record
• Team Canada – Pan Am Games Silver Medal
• NBA- Drafted #7 by Denver Nuggets
• World Championship – • 5th 100M Backstroke, 6th 100M Butterfly, 7th 200M Individual Medley, 7th 400M Freestyle
• Para Pan Games – Bronze Medals: 100M Butterfly, Breaststroke, Backstroke, 200M Individual Medley, 400M Freestyle
• Team Canada – Paralympic Games in Rio
• Professional Beach Volleyball – China Shanghai
• World Tour – 2 Silver & 3 Bronze Medals
• World Tour – Best Blocker Award
• World Ranking 3rd – Olympic Qualifier Ranking 2nd
• Team Canada – Olympic Games in Rio
The Athlete of the Year Award was launched in 1999 to recognize the tremendous accomplishments of local athletes from Kitchener, Waterloo and the Townships of Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich. Some of the previous recipients of this prestigious award include Lennox Lewis, Scott Stevens, Sarah Pavan, Andrew Poje & Kaitlyn Weaver and Kelly Vanderbeek.
For a full history of this community event, please visit athleteoftheyear.ca
Submitted by Ken Brooks. This is the third publication profiling the 2015 AOTY nominees.