People love speed skating for different reasons. Here are just a few reasons to try it out with us.
1. Family members can join the club and spend time together.
2. It’s a great workout.
3. Speed skating is a sport that people of all ages can enjoy.
4. It provides the best of an individual sport within a team atmosphere.
5. The KW club enjoys high-level coaching in a supportive environment.
6. There’s always something more to learn and improve on.
7. The social atmosphere on and around the rink is hard to beat.
8. The KW club supports athletes at every stage, from beginner to highly competitive to those who just want an active lifestyle. Not many sports provide such a wide range of participation.
9. It’s fun and it’s fast!
10. Where else can you skate with your friends at 30 kilometres per hour?
Interested in trying out this fantastic sport?
Great news! Our popular Learn to Speed Skate program will run again for four consecutive Saturdays starting January 21 and running until February 11. Speed skate rental is included in the program fee. No experience is necessary — what a great deal to try out a sport we know you will love as much as we do!
For more information and forms, visit www.kwspeedskating.com and select “Learn to Speed Skate” from our Registrations menu. Make sure to follow us on Twitter (@kwspeedskates) and Instagram (@kwspeedskates) to keep up to date on our winter session and much more.
Submitted by Kelly Schmidtke, Marketing and Communication Director at KW Sertoma Speed Skating Club